SHORT DESCRIPTION OF EED LACo’s PROFILE
“Energy-Environment-Development” (EED LACo) is a developmental incorporated company of local Authorities. Shareholders of the company are: Regional Union of Municipalities of East Macedonia and Thrace (RUM-EMT), with a 97% share of stock and the Municipality of Xanthi, (3% share).
It is actually the successor organization of LAUX’s (Local Authorities Union of Xanthi) enterprise which had been established in July 2001.
It is managed by a Board of counselors which consists of five members, three of them are elected members of RUM EMT’s board, one of them is an elected member of Xanthi’s City council and the other one is a citizen of Xanthi. The company is in charge of the Regional Energy Office of East Macedonia and Thrace, which has been operating since 1993 in LAUX .
The company is located in Skra 5, in RUM EMT’s building in Xanthi
Address: Skra 5, P.O. Box 247, 671 00 Xanthi.
AIMS OF THE COMPANY
According to the Articles of Association (GG 3066/7-5-2010) the aims of the company are:
• Scientific and technical support of local government (first and second degree), agencies of local authorities, their associations and any other decentralized state administration.
• The promotion of business, economic and sustainable development of the region, and other activities supporting environmental protection and energy saving. Also the participation in relevant projects or the implementation of relevant policies in municipal or regional level.
• Conducting developmental and technical studies.
• The implementation of European and national programs that promote the economic, social and cultural development of the area of jurisdiction of the Company.
• Act as an intermediate body
• The operation, management and development of the Regional Energy Agency of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace.
• Participation and management of development programs.
• Participation and / or management of Development Structures.
• The development of infrastructure for access to relevant information, management and dissemination of data and research databases.
• Develop partnerships and support organizations for cultural, social and economic development.
• Participation in initiatives that promote interregional and border cooperation.
• Raising awareness and informing the public about environment, energy and development.
• Participation in European environmental and developmental programs.
• Develop partnerships with relevant stakeholders in Greece and abroad.
• To provide supporting services in projects relevant to the companies’ field of action, for the unemployed and special groups of population.
• The implementation of programs promoting quality in various fields.
• The implementation of research, development, education and training programs
Municipality of Xanthi
Municipality of Avdera
Municipality of Topeiros
Municipality of Myki